The EPA is currently soliciting comments on a Class II-D draft Underground Injection Well Permit located in Clara Twp., Potter County,Pennsylvania.
Send your concerns to the EPA by March 4, 2021.
PERMIT NUMBER PAS2D050BPOT
Let the EPA know if you are concerned about:
- The possibility of surface spills and runoff into nearby streams and rivers.
- The potential for diminished property values.
- Compensation for diminished property values.
- The integrity of the well casing and it’s potential for failure.
- The potential for increased truck traffic.
- The inability of state regulators to provide adequate oversight
- About the damage to the local roads.
- The Increased noise.
- The origin of the waste to be injected.
- The proximity to high value streams.
- The local emergency response capabilities.
- Alternative waste disposal options.
- The low bond required by the operator that incentivizes abandonment over reclamation.
- The operator’s history of compliance with DEP’s waste& production reporting requirements.
Please email public comments on the draft UIC permit to the attention of: Kevin Rowsey, Source Water & UIC Section, U.S. EPA Region 3
Subject line: PAS2D050BPOT