ACTION ALERT!!! Public comments on the Clara Twp injection well due by Tuesday August 8 and MUST BE MAILED.
The DEP has offered to accept comments in-person during the public hearing, by snail mail, and at the email address below.
UPDATE: The DEP has now offered an option to accept public comments by email at
From the fact sheet:
• You may submit written objections or comments on the proposed action by mail, care of Susan Price, to Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Northwest Oil and Gas District, 230 Chestnut Street, Meadville, PA, 16335.
• Anyone wishing to have their written objections or comments considered, and to receive notification of any final action by the DEP, must do so by close of business on Tuesday, August 8, 2023. According to Pennsylvania regulatory requirements, all written comments protesting or objecting to the proposed plan approval shall include the following:
1. Name, address and telephone number of the person filing the comment.
2. Identification of the proposed plan approval issuance being opposed (Clara Field #20).
3. Concise statement of the objections to the plan approval issuance and the relevant facts upon which the objections are based.
• A public hearing to accept verbal comments has been scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, at the F.W. Gunzburger County Office Building Auditorium, 1 North Main Street, Coudersport, PA 16915.
More info here: